Years 4 and 5 were lucky enough recently to have workshops in their classes with Mike Martin, a Clinical Nutritionist.
Mike spoke to the children about:
- What it means to be healthy
- How food can effect our health and our bodies
- What a balanced diet actually is
- Six main nutrients that make up our food
- Examples of healthy meals
- The importance of cooking.
This was followed by a quiz about nutrition, where the children were able to demonstrate just how much they had learned.
The children thoroughly enjoyed the sessions, which were very beneficial.