Lindfield Primary Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This means that we have a Child Protection Policy and procedures in place which we refer to.
- To have in place procedures to ensure that we meet our responsibilities for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children from abuse
- To ensure that all academy personnel are aware of what action to take when dealing with a child protection issue.
- To create and provide a learning environment that is safe, secure, warm and welcoming for children combined with sound security systems and procedures.
- To establish and maintain an ethos where children and parents feel secure in being able to talk confidently to academy personnel about any concerns or fears they may have knowing that they will be taken seriously.
- To establish and maintain procedures for safer recruitment and to establish and maintain sound working relationships with parents and support agencies.
- To work with other academies or schools to share good practice in order to improve this policy.
Sometimes we may need to share information and work in partnership with other agencies when there are concerns about a child’s welfare. We will ensure that our concerns about our pupils are discussed with his/her parents/carers first unless we have reason to believe that such a move would be contrary to the child’s welfare.
Designated Child Protection Officers
DSSL deputy designated safeguarding lead /Principal
DSL designated safeguarding lead /SENCo
Designated Teacher for LAC
DDSL deputy designated safeguarding lead / Vice Principal
DSSL deputy designated safeguarding lead /Assistant Principal
DDSL deputy designated safeguarding lead
Local governing board member for safeguarding
Contact our Designated Child Protection Officers
These Officers can be contacted on 01444 482524